Physician Specialist – ADULT PRIMARY CARE (OVMC)
OLIVE VIEW – UCLA MEDICAL CENTER
Physician Specialist – Adult Primary Care
LOCATION: 14445 Olive View Drive, Sylmar, CA 91342. The Medical Center is located in the city of Sylmar, which is a part of the San Fernando Valley. The population, as of 2009, is approximately 90,000 residents. The city’s neighboring cities are San Fernando and Santa Clarita. The hospital has been part of the neighborhood since 1920, when it initially served as a tuberculosis (TB) sanatorium.
GENERAL SUMMARY: Olive View-UCLA Medical Center (OVMC), a 337-bed public teaching hospital affiliated with the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, is seeking a board certified/board eligible internal medicine physician to serve in the Division of Primary Care in the Department of Medicine. We are a mission-driven patient-centered medical home (PCMH) that aims to provide high quality, value-based, equitable care and supports innovation to improve health outcomes. Our clinics serve over 17,000 patients and are a primary care site for our preliminary, categorical and primary care residency programs, as well as medical students from David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA. We offer a supportive and innovative culture for primary care and population health management, and excellence in teaching.
We seek candidates with a passion for primary care and teaching the next generation of physicians. The physician will serve in both direct patient care within our faculty and in supervising roles with our preliminary, categorical and primary care track residents. We offer academic appointment at UCLA, a supportive and innovative culture for primary care and excellence in teaching.
JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Provision of direct patient care and management of a panel of patients with the primary care clinic, including responsibility for inbox messages, diagnostic information, coordination with specialists, population health management and transitions of care
- Provide supervision of residents and medical students in clinical care and panel management
- Collaborate and communicate effectively within the PCMH team to promote care coordination and improve health outcomes for their panel
- Partner with the medical and program directors, care teams, trainees, and leadership at OVMC and DHS to implement specific quality and performance improvement interventions
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and partners, including other ambulatory and inpatient services, quality management, nursing, and social work to optimize the patient’s experience with care
- Support a positive and high-quality service-learning experience for trainees
- Graduate of an accredited School of Medicine or Osteopathy
- BC/BE in Internal Medicine or Internal Medicine/Pediatrics
- Experience effectively partnering with team members in a patient-centered medical home
- Prior experience in an academic primary care teaching environment
- Training and/or interest in quality improvement, clinical workflow or equity promotion
- Effective communicator
Interested applicants should submit their application materials including a letter of interest and curriculum vitae below and send a copy to:
Arash Nafisi, Interim Chief of Primary Care.
For more information, please visit:
PHYSICIAN SPECIALIST (NON-MEGAFLEX) (VARIOUS SPECIALTIES) | Job Details tab | Career Pages (governmentjobs.com)
|Job Category||Internal Medicine|