Senior Physician – Endocrinology Internal Medicine (Rancho)
Rancho Los Amigos National Rehabilitation Center
Salary: $ 225,948.00 – $302,916.00 Annually
This Senior Physician will serve as the Associate Medical Director of Primary Care Services in the outpatient clinics at Rancho Los Amigos National Rehabilitation Center (Rancho). The outpatient primary care services provide medical and behavioral health care to patients with complex medical and behavioral health conditions, including many with various disabilities, unaddressed physical and mental health conditions, and are economically and societally disenfranchised. The Senior Physician will assist the Medical Director of Primary Care Services to oversee all clinical activities within the outpatient primary care services and ensure that the staff provides high-quality clinical services.
The Senior Physician will work with Medical Director of Primary Care Services, Rancho leadership and staff to implement evidence-based patient care programs that are well-executed, and responsive to the needs of the patients. The Senior Physician will tailor clinical services to meet the specific needs of Rancho patients including comprehensive primary care service, integrating medication-assisted treatments, mental and behavioral health services, complex care management, and transitions of care interventions for patients leaving hospitals and emergency rooms. The Senior Physician will help oversee the education and training activities of staff, quality assurance and continuous quality improvement activities. The Senior Physician will perform administrative duties for the clinic programs including budgeting/financing activities, determining equipment and supply needs, handling patient grievances, safety, and personnel-related issues. The Senior Physician will assist in the supervision of outpatient primary care providers. The Senior Physician will report to the Rancho Outpatient Medical Director of Primary Care Services.
Rancho is located in the city of Downey, home to more than 113,000 residents in 12.41 square miles, is a diverse and dynamic community in the heart of Los Angeles County, approximately 15 miles from Downtown Los Angeles, and 5 miles from Orange County.
Essential Job Functions:
• Provide high-quality patient care services, including direct patient care to complex patients. Provision of care include but not limited to primary care services, urgent care needs, specialized primary care, and medication assisted treatment
• Design and implement strategic plans, metrics of interest, and evidence-based policies and procedures, and execute high quality and efficient programming to meet the health and wellness needs of patients
• Provide baseline and ongoing staff trainings on evidence-based and best practices to ensure high quality care
• Coordinate with other DHS outpatient and inpatient services, DMH, DPH and street medicine providers to optimize collaborative clinical services, referral pathways, and care coordination
• Collaborate with hospitals and emergency rooms to optimize care coordination and facilitate effective transitions of care
• Assist with the preparation of annual budget and financial reporting for the outpatient primary care services
• Lead continuous quality improvement initiatives and perform quality assurance activities to maximize safety and minimize risks.
• Assists in the supervision of outpatient primary care providers
• Collaborate with medical and non-medical service entities to provide an array of services to patients, including but not limited to nursing, therapy, pharmacy, and social work programs
• Provide clinical back up for Medical Director and the medical providers who are out on medical or personal leave
• Participate in multidisciplinary meetings and provide medical expertise in the formulation of treatment plans and development of patient care programs
• Other duties, as assigned.
• Specialty in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine
• Expertise in endocrinology, especially diabetic management
• X Waiver license
• Experience and expertise in assessing and managing patients with complex medical issues, such as spinal cord injuries, brain injuries, stroke, and other neurologic disorders
• Experience/expertise in assessing and managing clients with severe persistent mental illness or substance use disorder
• Experience/expertise in trauma-informed care and harm reduction principles
• Demonstrated teaching and communication skills with clinical and non-clinical staff
• Experience providing clinical and administrative supervision to a multi-disciplinary team
Completion of a residency approved by an American Specialty Board in one or more designated specialties* or equivalent training** -AND- One year of experience in medical practice, post graduate training, teaching or investigative work.
California State Physician and Surgeon’s Certificate authorized by the Board of Medical Examiners of the State of California.
A valid California Class C Driver License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions.
PHYSICAL CLASS III:
Moderate: Includes standing or walking most of the time, with bending, stooping, squatting, twisting, and reaching; includes working on irregular surfaces, occasionally lifting objects weighting over 25 pounds, and frequent lifting of 10-25 pounds.
- To be considered for a lateral transfer candidate must currently hold a permanent County of Los Angeles payroll title of Senior Physician.
- To be considered as a new hire or promotion, candidates must be reachable on the DHS certification list.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter & resume below.
Please also send a copy of the cover letter, resume, and the last two performance evaluations directly to:
C/O Cynthia Santana
Dennis Wong, MD
Medical Director, Primary Care Services
Rancho Los Amigos National Rehabilitation Center
7601 E. Imperial Highway
Downey, CA 90242
Phone: (562) 385-7022
E-mail: Cynthia Santana: CSantana@dhs.lacounty.gov
RESUMES WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL THE NEEDS OF THE DEPARTMENT ARE MET
ONLY THE MOST QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE SCHEDULED FOR AN INTERVIEW
THIS IS NOT A CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION
For more information, visit: SENIOR PHYSICIAN (VARIOUS SPECIALTIES) | Job Details tab | Career Pages (governmentjobs.com)
|Endocrinology, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine