Non-Invasive Cardiologist (OVMC)
Physician Specialist – Non-Invasive Cardiology
LOCATION: Olive View-UCLA Medical Center
Los Angeles County Olive View-UCLA Medical Center (OVMC) is seeking a full-time Non-Invasive Cardiologist. OVMC is a community based academic safety-net hospital that is part of an integrated Los Angeles County Department of Health Services (DHS). We are a core training location for the UCLA Cardiology Fellowship Program and have a strong affiliation with the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA (DGSOM). Additionally, we have our own Internal Medicine training program and serve as a key clinical training site for medical students from the DGSOM.
We are looking for a motivated and mission driven Cardiologist who will further the department’s clinical, educational, and academic missions. As a physician working in an underserved area, you will play a crucial role in providing high-quality cardiovascular care, have meaningful opportunity to address healthcare disparities, ensure access to quality medical care, and train future physicians passionate about medicine in the service of others.
JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Perform comprehensive cardiovascular assessments, including medical history reviews, physical examinations, and diagnostic tests such as echocardiography and stress tests.
- Provide expert consultative services and collaborate with healthcare teams in the diagnosis, management, and treatment of patient with various cardiovascular disease.
- Supervise and mentor medical students, residents, and fellows.
- Contribute to the educational activities of the cardiology fellowship, internal medicine program, and medical school.
- Develop didactic lectures, case-based discussions, and hands-on training sessions.
- Implement and contribute to quality improvement projects aimed at enhancing patient care, safety, and outcomes within the cardiology department.
- Work to ensure health equity and access to care for our patient population.
- Partner with other departments, program directors, care teams, trainees, and academic and administrative leadership at OVMC and DHS to implement sub-specialty specific quality and performance improvement interventions.
- Develop new and leverage existing data sources to make data-driven operational and quality decisions.
- Champion value-based care.
- Serve as a role model for trainees and staff
- Participate in scholarly activity
- Graduate of an accredited School of Medicine or Osteopathy
- BC/BE in Cardiology (recent graduates) or already BC with 1-10 years in clinical cardiology practice
- Eligible for or already have a California state medical license as well as DEA certificate
- Effective communicator, team oriented, commitment to the underserved and enthusiasm for teaching
- Current employment/participation (including current fellows) in the care of cardiology patients
- Interest in all areas of non-invasive cardiology with a desire to improve/implement measures geared towards optimal resource utilization
TO CONTACT US: Submit your CV and cover letter below and send a copy to
Anthony Koppula, MD
14445 Olive View Drive, Room 2C-121
Sylmar, California 91342
Phone (747) 210-4287
Note: After submission, further application instruction will be sent to you to initiate the application process of the Department of Health Services (DHS), County of Los Angeles for DHS Physician Specialist