Faculty Member, Division of Endocrinology (HUMC)
The Position (available immediately)
- The successful candidate will join a team of world-renowned endocrinologists in a highly dynamic, collegial, and scholarly environment in South Los Angeles.
- The successful candidate must be a skilled clinician in both the inpatient and ambulatory settings to ensure the seamless provision and transition of care along the full spectrum of endocrine diseases.
- Evidence based and cutting-edge teaching and supervision of postgraduate trainees is an integral part of the position’s responsibilities.
- The successful candidate will be expected to engage in basic, translational, clinical or implementation science research.
- Experience with administration of a postgraduate training program as a Program Director or Assistant PD is preferred but not required.
- Scholarly interest and/or a successful track record of investigation and publication in the areas of Obesity or Metabolic Bone Disease is desired but not a requirement.
- Candidates must be a US citizen or permanent resident and eligible for licensure in California.
Harbor-UCLA Medical Center is a 453-bed public hospital operated by the County of Los Angeles, Department of Health Services. It is one of the oldest academic medical centers in Los Angeles and a teaching hospital for the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA. The Los Angeles County Department of Health Services (DHS) is the second largest municipal health system in the nation. Through its integrated system of 27 health centers and four hospitals – and expanded network of community partner clinics – DHS annually provides direct care for 600,000 unique patients, employs over 23,000 staff, and has an annual budget of over $6.2 billion. The DHS mission is to advance the health of our patients and our communities by providing extraordinary care. Harbor-UCLA Medical Center is committed to creating a truly diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. Construction of the new Harbor-UCLA hospital and outpatient tower are underway (model below).
- The Division of Adult Endocrinology is housed in the Walter Martin Research building and has four full time faculty, seven volunteer faculty and five-research faculty including a biostatistician.
- The Division of Pediatric Endocrinology with three fulltime faculty is a critical partner of the adult Endocrine Division and program. (https://www.harbor-ucla.org/pediatrics/academics-4/pediatricendocrinology-and-metabolism/)
Harbor-UCLA Medical Center is located in the city of Torrance, a city in the Southwestern (South Bay) region of LA County. Its neighboring cities are Lomita, Redondo Beach, Rolling Hills, and Palos Verdes. The city has over 30 city parks and includes a total of 1.5 miles of beaches on the Pacific Ocean. It has an estimated population of over 145,000 residents.
- The Harbor-UCLA Medical Center is affiliated with the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA.
- The successful candidate will be eligible for appointment to the faculty of the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA.
Education and Training
- The ACMGE accredited post-graduate training program in Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism includes and extends to the Department of Diabetes at the City of Hope, with eleven trainees in total, rotating between the two sites.
- The Lundquist Institute is situated on an 11-acre research park on the Harbor-UCLA Campus. The Institute provides administrative support for investigators and receives $60 Million in grants and contracts annually.
- The successful candidate will join the Institute of Metabolism/Cardiology/ Nephrology and Reproduction that presently comprises of 17 established investigators with common research interests.
A competitive salary and generous benefits package including pension plan enrollment, will be offered.
Submit your current CV and cover letter below
Send a copy with three (3) references to
Note: After submission, further application instruction will be sent to you to initiate the application process of the Department of Health Services (DHS), County of Los Angeles for Physician Specialist.