Diagnostic Radiologist (MLK)
Interested in being a part of a mission driven organization that takes pride in serving vulnerable communities and prioritizes equity, diversity, and inclusion? Martin Luther King, Jr. Outpatient Center (MLK OP) has openings for a full-time diagnostic radiologist. MLK OPC is in the heart of South Los Angeles and is part of DHS’s Ambulatory Care Network (ACN). Our patients are mostly African-American and Latino/a/x, many with Spanish as a preferred language. Ideal candidates embody the philosophy and values of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and are committed to serving the community in which we are located.
As the largest facility within the ACN, MLK OPC is a high-volume, multispecialty outpatient center, serving more than 200,000 patients a year. Specialty services range from endocrinology, cardiology, and dermatology to ophthalmology, orthopedics, and general surgery. There is an on-site Ambulatory Surgery Center with 5 operating suites. There is a state-of-the-art radiology department that includes diagnostic imaging, fluoroscopy, CT, MRI, DEXA, nuclear medicine, mammography with tomosynthesis, and stereotactic biopsy. The women’s imaging has achieved Gold Status with the American College of Radiology.
MLK OPC Opportunities include:
- Robust CME programming
- Faculty and teaching opportunities with Charles R. Drew University at MLK OPC
- State-of-the-art radiology suite and equipment
MLK OPC patients have in-network access to all DHS medical centers for additional specialty, surgical, inpatient, and emergency care services. In addition to clinical care, MLK OPC maintains a focus on continuous quality improvement, social determinants of health, community partnerships, and health equity.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Interpret Radiographic studies and provide formal reports
- Perform diagnostic procedures, including fluoroscopy and barium studies
- Work collaboratively with general surgeons and oncologists as needed
- Provide results to patients and counsel patients as appropriate
- Champion QI project or other initiative at the discretion of the Primary Care Director.
- Specialty Care Review of consults via the eConsult portal
- Board-certified or Board-eligible in Radiology
- California State Physician and Surgeon’s Certificate authorized by the Board of Medical Examiners of the State of California
The Radiologist reports to the Medical Director at MLK OPC.
MLK OPC is located at 1670 E. 120th street LA, CA 90059. The center is located in the unincorporated city of Willowbrook. It is also home to the Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science. The population of the area is estimated at 35,983 residents. It has a major Metro Rail Station, which serves many bus routes by LA Metro. The area has many parks, including Enterprise County Park and Athens Park.
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter and resume below. For more information, please contact Dr. Ellen Rothman, firstname.lastname@example.org
**This is not for application to the civil service examination. After submission, further application instruction will be sent to
follow up with you regarding the application process of the County of Los Angeles, Department of Health Services (DHS)
for a Physician Specialist **