Primary Care Director – Senior Physician (OVMC)
Primary Care Director – Senior Physician
Ambulatory Care Services
Olive View-UCLA Medical Center (OVMC), a 355-bed public teaching hospital affiliated with the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, is seeking a physician to serve as the hospital’s Medical Director of Primary Care Services. The Primary Care Director will facilitate, support, and direct the activities of the primary care service line responsible for approximately 26,000 empaneled patients, 15 primary care providers, and 90 residents, spanning 6 patient-centered medical homes including Adult, Pediatrics, Women’s Health, Geriatrics, Positive Care/HIV, and HUB (clinic that provides trauma-informed primary and specialty care to youth involved in the child welfare system). Desirable candidates will demonstrate passion, leadership, innovation, and an ongoing commitment to continuous improvement. This position is approximately 50% administrative and 50% clinical.
Essential Duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinating all aspects of primary care operations, including patient access, empanelment/panel management, productivity assessment, clinical teaching, template enhancement, workflow standardization, and adoption of a team-based care model.
- Partnering with the medical and program directors, care teams, trainees, and academic and administrative leadership at OVMC and within the Department of Health Services (DHS) to implement quality and performance improvement interventions.
- Collaborating with key stakeholders and partners, including other ambulatory and inpatient services, quality management, utilization management, nursing, and social work to optimize the patient’s experience with care.
- Developing new and leverage existing data sources to make data-driven operational and quality decisions which champion value-based care.
- Supporting a positive and high-quality service-learning experience for trainees.
- Developing, implementing, monitoring, and reporting work plans to achieve desired performance outcomes, including taking corrective action when indicated.
- Developing a robust and effective system of clinical governance, including incident reporting, risk management and mitigation, and patient feedback and engagement.
- Approximately 50% time protected for clinical duties.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Medicine or Osteopathy.
- 3-10 years in clinical practice and operations.
- Effective communicator.
- Active primary care medical practice.
- Prior leadership experience.
- Prior experience in quality improvement.
- Prior experience in addressing P4P quality metric programs.
Vacancy Location & City Information:
Olive View-UCLA Medical Center is located at 14445 Olive View Drive, Sylmar, CA 91342. The city of Sylmar is a part of the San Fernando Valley. The population, as of 2009, is approximately 90,000 residents. The city’s neighboring cities are San Fernando and Santa Clarita. The Olive View hospital has been part of the neighborhood since 1920, when it initially served as a tuberculosis (TB) sanatorium.
To Apply For This Position:
A confidential review of all applications, nominations, and expressions of interest will begin immediately and continue until an appointment is made.
1) Submit letters of interest and curriculum vitae now
– AND –
forward a copy to:
Benjamin Waterman, MD
Ambulatory Care Services, Medical Administration
14445 Olive View Drive, Room 2C155, Sylmar, CA 91342
2) Candidates must also formally apply at the County of Los Angeles, Department of Health Services, Senior Physician Exam
|Job Category||Primary Care|