Physician Specialist – Vascular Surgery OVMC
Physician Specialist – Vascular Surgery
LOCATION: Olive View-UCLA Medical Center is located in the city of Sylmar, which is a part of the San Fernando Valley. The population, as of 2009, is approximately 90,000 residents. The city’s neighboring cities are San Fernando and Santa Clarita. The Olive View hospital has been part of the neighborhood since 1920, when it initially served as a tuberculosis (TB) sanatorium.
GENERAL SUMMARY: Olive View-UCLA Medical Center (OVMC), a 337-bed public teaching hospital affiliated with the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, is seeking a Vascular surgeon to join our clinical practice, which is a major training site for the UCLA General Surgery Program. Candidate will provide vascular surgery clinical care for our patients, including ambulatory and inpatient services, supervise surgical trainees and teach medical students. Individual will receive a Health Sciences academic appointment in the UCLA Department of Surgery and will be required to contribute to the academic mission (research, education, and/or develop clinical programs). Position is 25% administrative and 75% clinical.
JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Dedicated to providing the highest quality of surgical care, including ambulatory care, operative services, and inpatient care.
- Perform Vascular surgery call for the hospital.
- Collaborate with other services across the hospital to provide multidisciplinary approach for patients when needed.
- Provide operative care at nearby ambulatory surgery centers (ASC) for our patients.
- Serve on hospital-wide administrative committees as Department of Surgery or Division of Vascular Surgery representative.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and partners, including other ambulatory and inpatient services, quality management, utilization management, nursing, and social work to optimize the Vascular Surgery patient’s experience.
- Participate in ongoing quality improvement efforts including assessing metrics of care.
- Participate in training the general and vascular surgery residents, including weekly teaching sessions, inpatient rounds, and educational conferences. Support a positive and high-quality service-learning experience for trainees.
- Opportunity to build or develop further surgical clinical programs.
- Meet criteria for the academic promotion (aligned with designated academic series).
- Approximately 20% time protected for administrative duties.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Medicine or Osteopathy.
- Completed an ACGME accredited Vascular Surgery residency/fellowship program and must be certified, in the process of, or eligible for certification by the American Board of Surgery (ABS).
- Candidates must have experience and excellence in Vascular Surgery, including endovascular Vascular Surgery.
- Experience in research and commitment to scholarship.
- Experience working in government or non-profit environment serving a diverse medically underserved population.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative, forward-looking thinker.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative/team-oriented environment.
Job Appointment Options:
To be considered as a lateral transfer, candidates must be a current permanent county employee who holds the payroll title of Physician Specialist – Surgery. To be considered as a new hire, candidates must be reachable on the DHS certification list.
Please submit a letter of interest and curriculum vitae below to:
Mary Shafer Moya
14445 Olive View Drive, Room 6D124
Sylmar, California 91342
Phone (747) 210-3035
To apply for this position, please also visit:
Date posted: 12/12/2022
|Job Category||Surgery, Vascular Surgery|