Physician Specialist – Surgery OVMC
Physician Specialist – Surgery
Monthly Salary Range: $185,939.76 – $562,541.28
Olive View-UCLA Medical Center, 14445 Olive View Drive, Sylmar, CA 91342
OVMC is located in the city of Sylmar, which is a part of the San Fernando Valley. The population, as of 2009, is approximately 90,000 residents. The city’s neighboring cities are San Fernando and Santa Clarita. The Olive View hospital has been part of the neighborhood since 1920, when it initially served as a tuberculosis (TB) sanatorium.
Olive View-UCLA Medical Center (OVMC), a 337-bed public teaching hospital affiliated with the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, is seeking a general surgeon to join our clinical practice, which is a major training site for the UCLA General Surgery Program. Candidate will provide general surgery clinical care for our patients, including ambulatory and inpatient services, supervise surgical trainees and teach medical students. Individual will receive a Health Sciences academic appointment in the UCLA Department of Surgery and will be required to contribute to the academic mission (research, education, and/or develop clinical programs). Position is 25% administrative and 75% clinical.
• Dedicated to providing the highest quality of surgical care, including ambulatory care, operative services, and inpatient care.
• Perform acute care surgery call for the hospital.
• Collaborate with other services across the hospital to provide multidisciplinary approach for patients as needed.
• Provide operative care at nearby ambulatory surgery centers (ASC) for our patients.
• Serve on hospital-wide administrative committees as representative for department of surgery or division of general surgery.
• Collaborate with key stakeholders and partners, including other ambulatory and inpatient services, quality management, utilization management, nursing, and social work to optimize the general surgery patient’s experience.
• Participate in ongoing quality improvement efforts including assessing metrics of care.
• Participate in training the general surgery residents, including weekly teaching sessions, inpatient rounds, and educational conferences. Support a positive and high-quality service-learning experience for trainees.
• Opportunity to build or develop further surgical clinical programs.
• Meet criteria for the academic promotion (aligned with designated academic series).
• Approximately 25% time protected for administrative duties.
• Graduate of an accredited School of Medicine or Osteopathy.
• Completed an ACGME-accredited General Surgery residency program.
• Certified, in the process of, or eligible for certification by the American Board of Surgery (ABS).
• Experience and excellence in general surgery and can provide acute care surgery.
• Experience in research and commitment to scholarship.
• Experience working in government or non-profit environment serving a diverse, medically-underserved population.
• Experience in advanced minimally invasive surgery and/or surgical oncology (fellowship training not required).
• Experience in robotic surgery.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Creative, forward-looking thinker.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative/team-oriented environment.
JOB APPOINTMENT OPTIONS:
• To be considered as a lateral transfer, candidate must be a current, permanent employee who holds the payroll title of Physician Specialist-Surgery.
• To be considered as a new hire, candidates must be reachable on the DHS certification list. Formally apply here.
In addition, submit a letter of interest and curriculum vitae below with a copy to:
Olive View-UCLA Medical Center | Hospital Administration
14445 Olive View Drive, Sylmar, California 91342
Phone (747) 210-3190
Date posted: 10/18/2022