Chief of Body Imaging
Harbor-UCLA Medical Center Department of Radiology seeks a Body MRI fellowship-trained radiologist for the position of Chief of Body Imaging.
Current Team: A diverse group of academic radiologists in every subspecialty with decades of experience and enthusiasm for resident/fellow training and education.
Trainees: Radiology Residency Program, Fellowship Training, and Medical Student rotations: Harbor-UCLA’s Diagnostic Radiology Residency program has been ACGME accredited since 1971 and currently has 24 residents. Several Fellowships positions are offered as well, including Neuroradiology, Breast Imaging/Mammography and ESIR. Medical students from UCLA and visiting students from all over rotate through our department as part of their radiology medical education.
Hospital: Harbor UCLA Medical Center is one of only five level I Trauma Centers in Los Angeles County. It is one of the County of Los Angeles hospitals, along with LAC+USC, Olive View Medical Center, MLK Medical Center, and Rancho Los Amigos Medical Center. We take care of a diverse population of patients in Los Angeles County with a mission to provide extraordinary health care.
Harbor-UCLA Medical Center is located in the city of Torrance, a city in the Southwestern (South Bay) region of LA County. Its neighboring cities are Lomita, Redondo Beach, Rolling Hills, and Palos Verdes. The city has over 30 city parks and includes a total of 1.5 miles of beaches on the Pacific Ocean. It has an estimated population of over 145,000 residents.
- Board Certification in Diagnostic Radiology
- Advanced fellowship training in Body Imaging
- California Medical license or ability to obtain
- Desire to teach radiology residents, fellows and rotating medical students
- Passion for providing high quality and proficient patient care to an underserved population
- Desire to collaborate with our talented team of Diagnostic radiologists to advance department procedures and protocols, develop and implement quality improvement initiatives, and oversee the scheduling and coordination of the rotations staffed by radiologists in the Body section
- Experience conducting radiology lectures, board reviews, grand rounds and other educational endeavors
- Participate in interdepartmental meetings such as tumor boards, subspecialty rounds, and multidisciplinary collaborations
- Interest in participating in scholarly activities including clinical research
- Competitive compensation with work-life balance
- Full benefits package including indemnification through the County of Los Angeles, excellent health insurance packages, and dependent care FSA
- Public Service Loan Repayment eligibility
- Pension and Retirement plans
- Non-clinical time or compensation proportional to additional responsibilities
- Access to academic expense funds for continuing medical education
- Hybrid Teleradiology option available
How to Apply:
If interested, please submit a cover letter and C.V. below and may also copy to:
John Shim, MD
Interim Chair, Radiology
Harbor-UCLA Medical Center