HUB & Primary Care Pediatrics (OVMC)
Olive View – UCLA Medical Center (OVMC) is recruiting for a Pediatric Physician to join our Primary Care Pediatrics and HUB Department. The role involves caring for children ages 0-21 yo within our primary care dept and supportive work for children involved with DCFS. This is a full-time item with benefits to provide care in the outpatient setting.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO, THE FOLLOWING:
• Provide clinical care and developmentally appropriate screening and treatment for pediatric patients from birth through 21 years of age.
• Complete well child checkups, sick visits, problem visits, and provide vaccinations at appropriate intervals for patients.
• Order appropriate work up (labs, imaging, and EKGs) and interpret results for common pediatric conditions.
• Provide continuity of care through out the developmental stages of childhood into young adulthood and refer to appropriate supportive and developmental services as needed.
• Be knowledgeable of pediatric subspecialty care needs for children and refer as appropriate to ensure needed specialty care work up is completed for appropriate concerns.
• Participate in quality care improvement and system improvement work to improve care of children within our system of care and meet quality metrics as defined by the state and health plans.
• Respond to communications and review documents in a timely manner to facilitate patient care.
• Provide supportive work to further needs for children in foster care and DCFS involved youth in the HUB program.
• Hospital committee work required as member of the physician workforce.
• Completion of a residency Approved by American Specialty Board in one or more designated specialties or equivalent training. Preferred residency trained in pediatrics or internal medicine/pediatrics.
• Eligible for or possess a CA state Medical License in good standing
• DEA license required or eligible to obtain
• PALS required from the American Health Association or American Red Cross
• Strong commitment to primary care and building relationships with families and pediatric care team
• Commitment to medical education for trainees
• Preference given to providers with more pediatric experience
• Spanish language skills a plus but not a condition of employment
LOCATION INFORMATION: Olive View-UCLA Medical Center is located at 14445 Olive View Drive, Sylmar, CA 91342. The city of Sylmar is a part of the San Fernando Valley. The population, as of 2009, is approximately 90,000 residents. The city’s neighboring cities are San Fernando and Santa Clarita. The Olive View hospital has been part of the neighborhood since 1920, when it initially served as a tuberculosis (TB) sanatorium.
TO APPLY: Candidates must currently hold a permanent County of Los Angeles payroll title of Physician Specialist to be considered for a lateral transfer or must be reachable on the DHS Certification List to be considered for a promotion or as a new hire. Only the most qualified candidates with the skills, abilities, and experience will be contacted for an interview. Interested candidates should:
- Submit a cover letter & resume below, and
- Email a copy of the cover letter, resume, with their last two performance evaluations to:
Kelsi McCoy-Wilson, MD, Director of Primary Care Pediatrics
Olive View-UCLA Medical Center – Department of Pediatrics
Olive View‐UCLA Medical Center
14445 Olive View Drive, Cottage S, Sylmar, CA 91342
Documents will be accepted until the needs of the department have been met.
**THIS IS NOT A BULLETIN FOR A CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION**
After submission, further application instruction will be sent to follow up with you regarding the application process of the County of Los Angeles, Department of Health Services (DHS) for Physician Specialist**