Family Medicine Physician Specialist (MV)
Full-time primary care physician who will provide services to adult and pediatric populations at the Mid-Valley Comprehensive Health Center located in Van Nuys, CA; part of the San Fernando Valley Health Center Group. The physician will be responsible for delivering and coordinating high quality continuity of care for their assigned panel of patients. The physician will be part of a patient-centered medical home (PCMH) and work in multi-disciplinary teams to achieve desired patient and population health outcomes in a cost-effective manner.
Reporting: The Primary Care Physician Specialist reports to the Associate Medical Director of the San Fernando Health Center Group.
Roles, Responsibilities, & Opportunities:
- Perform all duties associated with direct primary care patient activities including: assessment and management of primacy care patient concerns, build rapport and communicate well with patients; order, review, and assess diagnostic test results; coordinate care with subspecialist colleagues; document patient encounters in electronic health record (EHR ORCHID); and manage EHR inbox messages in a timely manner.
- Be part of a multi-disciplinary team that includes health educators, community health workers, and behavioral health professionals to address social and behavioral determinants of health (SBDOH).
- Have clinical support from dedicated nursing teams and clinical pharmacists.
- Have protected weekly administrative time to manage their patient panel and participate in quality improvement projects.
- Have a robust and competitive benefits package to support your valued work.
- Be part of a mission driven organization that takes pride in serving historically marginalized communities and prioritizes equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Join the 2nd largest public safety net health care system in the United States to provide care for the diverse community members of the San Fernando Valley!
Mid-Valley Comprehensive Health Center is located in San Fernando Valley and provides high quality, compassionate care to the residents of San Fernando and Santa Clarita Valleys. It delivers outpatient, primary, Urgent, and specialty care services.
Mid-Valley Comprehensive Health Center is located in the city of Van Nuys. Van Nuys is located in central San Fernando Valley. Van Nuys is home to Van Nuys Airport. The City has an estimated population of 136,443 residents. It has several parks, including a large park area behind Sepulveda Dam.
Interested applicants should submit their application materials including cover letter and CV below
|Job Category||Family Medicine|