Director of Primary Care-HIV/AIDS Program OVMC
Olive View-UCLA Medical Center
Physician Specialist– Internal Medicine and HIV/AIDS
Director of Primary Care Services for HIV/AIDS Program
Position Summary: Olive View-UCLA Medical Center is currently seeking a highly qualified individual to fill the position of Physician Specialist I to implement the strategic direction, policies, and operations for primary care of HIV/AIDS patients in the Department of Medicine. The physician will function as the Director of HIV/AIDS services and will be responsible for supervising the team devoted to outpatient services for this population. While prime responsibility will be for HIV/AIDS, the physician will be expected to participate in outpatient care of non-HIV patients depending upon the case load within the HIV program. The physician should be board-eligible or certified in Internal Medicine. Although not absolutely required for the position, some type of previous experience or training in HIV medicine is necessary, including training in a dedicated HIV/AIDS program, an Infectious Disease fellowship or extensive previous experience with HIV/AIDS care. While the position is dedicated to outpatient care, occasional inpatient rotations (supervision of housestaff) may be required depending upon any emergency needs of the hospital.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Provides overall supervision and direction to an HIV/AIDS team that includes clinicians, nurses, social workers, and administrative staff.
• Works with the Department of Medicine and Infectious Disease program to coordinate and supervise house staff training (e.g. resident, fellow) within the associated academic programs.
• In addition to supervision of house officers, will provide direct care and be responsible for a panel of HIV and Primary care patients. Although responsibilities may vary, in-clinic time commitment will be approximately 50% of weekly assigned hours.
• Participates in periodic (monthly) meetings of the OVMC HIV/AIDS Team operations committee to coordinate physician, nursing, and social work care of patients within the program.
• Helps to set operational expectations using standards and metrics with DHS PCL and works with ACN PCL a medical, nursing, Behavioral Health Integration (BHI) and operational leadership to provide support and resources. Meets with program staff to ensure that these expectations are being met.
⦁ Works with DHS HIV/AIDS Best Practices subcommittee in developing strategies to ensure primary care services are delivered in a patient-centered, cost-effective manner and according to recognized standards of care, including meeting access and availability standards.
• Experience as a primary care physician in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine preferred.
⦁ Specialized training or extensive previous experience with care of HIV/AIDS patients. (e.g. Dedicated HIV/AIDS or Infectious Disease fellowship).
• Experience leading a cross-disciplinary team and working in government or non-profit environment serving a diverse medically underserved population.
• Creative, forward-looking thinker with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with other members of the leadership team.
Location: The Medical Center is located at 14445 Olive View Drive, Sylmar, CA 91342. The city of Sylmar is a part of the San Fernando Valley. The population, as of 2009, is approximately 90,000 residents. The city’s neighboring cities are San Fernando and Santa Clarita. The Olive View hospital has been part of the neighborhood since 1920, when it initially served as a tuberculosis (TB) sanatorium.
Job Appointment Options:
• To be considered as a lateral transfer, candidates must be a current permanent county employee who holds the payroll title of Physician Specialist I
• To be considered as a new hire, candidates must be reachable on the DHS certification list.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae/resume below. Resumes will be accepted until the needs of the department are met.
For more information, please visit: PHYSICIAN SPECIALIST (NON-MEGAFLEX) (VARIOUS SPECIALTIES) | Job Details tab | Career Pages (governmentjobs.com)
|HIV, Internal Medicine, Primary Care