Urgent Care Primary Care Physician Specialist
Urgent Care Primary Care Physician Specialist – Full-time position split between Lake Los Angeles Community Clinic and Littlerock Community Clinic
Lake Los Angeles Community Clinic (LLACC), located in the community of Lake Los Angeles, provides access to primary care services for children and adults in the eastern part of the Antelope Valley region of north Los Angeles County. Since LLACC Medical Home is part of a larger network of hospitals, emergency departments, urgent care centers, behavioral health providers, and specialists in Los Angeles County. The coordination of care across multiple settings, within and outside your Medical Home location is easily accessible.
Littlerock Community Clinic (LRCC) provides high quality primary care services to patients in the community of Littlerock and is located in the south-eastern part of the Antelope Valley region of north Los Angeles County. LRCC provides primary care for adults and children. Your Medical Home is part of a larger network of hospitals, emergency departments, urgent care centers, behavioral health providers, and specialists in Los Angeles County. Your Medical Home Team will help coordinate your care across multiple settings, within and outside your Medical Home location.
- Provides acute care and education for non-emergency problems.
- Appropriately stabilizes patients with emergent conditions and calls for ambulance services as clinically indicated.
- Provides temporizingchronic care and education to patients unable to see their primary care provider.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF ALL PRACTITIONERS PROVIDING CARE
Special Salary Information:
- All persons appointed to the permanent position of Physician Specialist, who have been assigned to work at Los Angeles County High Desert Health Systems shall receive 10% of the base salary.
- Board certified Physician Specialists are also entitled to an additional 5.5% of the base salary.
- Obtains and performs thorough and precise histories and physical examinations on patients at a frequency determined to be appropriate, by service.
- Performs thorough and precise focused exams, as clinically indicated.
- Applies current medical knowledge when diagnosing and treating patients. Follows clinical guidelines where appropriate.
- Develops a plan of care, where appropriate. Schedules patients for follow-up care as indicated.
- Performs approved clinic procedures, for which he/she has current privileges, with skill and expertise.
- Provides appropriate patient and family education regarding the patient’s diagnosis, treatment, diet, medical equipment and/or additional discharge instructions when indicated.
- Follows local (e.g., L.A. County DHS Expected Practices) and/or national guidelines in practicing preventive medicine, as appropriate.
- Provides appropriate patient and family education regarding health maintenance and preventive medicine, as appropriate.
- Recognizes the importance of psychosocial / behavioral medicine in the care of patients. Treats such conditions or refers appropriately.
- Keeps well-organized, legible, accurate, comprehensive and timely medical records.
- Communicates clearly with patients and families regarding the nature of their illness or condition, its prognosis, and proposed treatment, procedures and results. Documents patient and/or family education and other communication.
- Adheres to all pertinent Medical Records policies, as they apply.
- Maintains patient privacy and confidentiality when using the medical record.
- Is able to access clinical information electronically, when available.
- Appropriately uses only medical abbreviations approved by L.A. County DHS or Ambulatory Care Network and avoids the use of prohibited and dangerous abbreviations, particularly when ordering or prescribing medications.
- Orders diagnostic tests judiciously and as clinically indicated. Reviews and signs all test results in a timely manner and takes appropriate action.
- Appropriately refers patients externally for emergency care or admissions as clinically appropriate.
- Appropriately refers patients internally for specialty care, social work or other available services. Follows referral guidelines, where available.
- Prescribes formulary medications whenever possible.
- Prescribes more moderately priced medications when available, as clinically indicated.
- Works well as a member of the clinical team. Is reliable.
- Collaborates with other providers, nursing staff and other clinic staff to ensure a pleasant and productive work environment and a smooth flow of patients through the clinic.
- Treats staff and patients with respect and dignity.
- Maintains patient privacy and confidentiality at all times.
- Always maintains a professional attitude, regardless of the situation.
- Is aware of, and ensures that, patient rights are respected.
- Communicates clearly with patients and/or their family members.
- Provides leadership when asked or when required.
- Helps other providers with patients when needed.
- Begins and attempts to end clinic on time.
- Meets clinic productivity standards.
- Complies with all applicable Department of Health Services, Ambulatory Care Network, and HDHCG policies and procedures.
- Understands and adheres to the mission of DHS, ACN, and HDHCG.
- Understand s the basic tenets of Quality and Performance Improvement in general, and the HDHCG QI/PI Program in particular. Participates in QI/PI activities.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement of services / processes. Assists in making improvements.
- Functions as the Supervising Physician for up to four Nurse Practitioners, as requested by the Department Director or Medical Director. Assists Nurse Practitioners or other providers when requested. Acts as a resource to staff and ancillary support services.
- Reports to assigned Department Director or delegated supervising physician.
- Performs duties at usual assigned location and at other locations as directed by the Department Director or Medical Director.
- Participates in proctoring and assisting new providers, as assigned by the Department Director or Medical Director.
- Participates in assigned committees.
- Keeps current through reading, attending lectures / seminars, etc. Maintains continuing education requirements.
Lake Los Angeles Community Clinic (LLACC) is located in Palmdale, which is northern Los Angeles. It is located in the Antelope Valley and the city itself was incorporated in the year 1962. The city has an estimated population of 155,079 residents. The city has a LA/Palmdale Regional Airport/Air Force Plant 42, which is operated by Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA).
Littlerock is a census-designated area, which has an estimated population of 1,377 residents. It is located 11 miles southeast of Palmdale’s civic center.
|Job Category||Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Urgent Care|