Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Physician (HDRHC)
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation @ HDRHC (Ambulatory Care Network)
Monthly Salary Range: $18,733.38 – $25,117.16
*Does not include 10% bonus for High Desert assignment or 5.5% bonus for board certification (if applicable).
LOCATION: High Desert Regional Health Center, 335 East Avenue I, Lancaster, CA 93535. Phone: 661-471-4220
High Desert Regional Health Center (HDRHC) is located in the city of Lancaster, CA, which is a part of the Antelope Valley. The population, as of 2021, is approximately 170,000 residents. Neighboring cities include Palmdale and Santa Clarita. HDRHC is the flagship facility of a group of 5 clinics, the High Desert Health Center Group, run by the Los Angeles County Health Services Ambulatory Care Network. HDRHC comprises an outpatient clinic and ambulatory surgical center associated with the Los Angeles County Health Services Ambulatory Care Network and is responsible for approximately 45,000 empaneled lives. Key on-site services include primary care, specialty care, therapy, infusion clinic, and urgent care facilities, as well as a modern 3-room ambulatory surgical center.
High Desert Regional Health Center (HDRHC) is seeking to fill a full-time permanent Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) position within HDHRC Specialty Care Services, providing outstanding outpatient PM&R care for our patients. Opportunities to partner with other Department of Health Services (DHS) facilities to provide additional rehabilitative services may be available.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Provides the highest quality of PM&R clinical care, including in-person and telehealth-based modalities of care.
- Collaborates with other services across the facility to provide multidisciplinary approach to patient care as needed.
- Serves on facility and/or DHS administrative committees as PM&R representative, as needed.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and partners, including but not limited to physical, occupational, and speech therapy, behavioral health, quality and risk management, nursing, and social work, to optimize the PM&R patient’s experience.
- Participate in ongoing quality improvement efforts, including cycle time optimization and assessing facility- and DHS-level metrics of care.
- Participate in training, mentoring, and working with advanced practice providers supporting PM&R services.
- Reviews PM&R eConsults, as needed.
- Opportunity to collaborate with DHS-affiliated hospitals and other centers in the DHS Ambulatory Care Network to develop and implement system-based models of care.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Medicine or Osteopathy.
- Completed an ACGME-accredited Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) residency program.
- Certified, in the process of, or eligible for certification by the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (ABPMR).
- Experience and excellence in general PM&R.
- Experience working in a government or non-profit environment serving a diverse, medically underserved population.
- Experience with pain management, including invasive and non-invasive modalities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative, forward-looking thinker.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
JOB APPOINTMENT OPTIONS:
- To be considered as a new hire, candidates must be reachable on the DHS certification list.
- To be considered as a lateral transfer, candidate must be a current, permanent employee who holds the payroll title of Physician Specialist, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
1) Submit your CV and a letter of interest below and
2) Send a copy to
335 East Avenue I
Lancaster, CA 93535
Phone (661) 471-4220
3) Candidates must also formally apply at: LOS ANGELES COUNTY – DHS Physician Specialist Application Form. Documents will be accepted until the needs of the department have been met.
**This is not for application to the civil service examination. After submission, further application instruction will be sent to follow up with you regarding the application process of the County of Los Angeles, Department of Health Services (DHS) for Physician Specialist**
Date posted: 10/25/2023
|Job Category||Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation|