Adult Primary Care-FM or IM (MLK)
Interested in being a part of a mission driven organization that takes pride in serving vulnerable communities and prioritizes equity, diversity, and inclusion? Martin Luther King, Jr. Outpatient Center has openings for full-time adult primary care physician (Family Medicine or Internal Medicine). MLK OPC is in the heart of SPA 6 in South Los Angeles and is part of DHS’s Ambulatory Care Network (ACN). Our patients are mostly African-American and Latino/a/x, many with Spanish as a preferred language. Ideal candidates embody the philosophy and values of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and are committed to serving the community in which we are located.
As the largest facility within the ACN, MLK OPC is a high-volume, multispecialty outpatient center, serving more than 200,000 patients a year, and providing extended hours, including evenings and weekends.
Our patient-centered medical home model approach integrates interprofessional continuous improvement teams, co-located legal support, social work services and behavioral health services to optimize healthcare delivery. A few additional MLK OPC highlights include:
- Our state-of-the-art facilities include an ambulatory surgical center, full service pharmacy, full rehab suite, and full radiology suite.
- Our primary care clinics are National Center for Quality Assurance (NCQA) certified.
- Loan repayment opportunities are available.
- In the heart of LA, we are centrally located and easily accessible.
MLK OPC Opportunities include:
- Robust CME programming.
- Faculty and teaching opportunities with Charles R. Drew University at MLK OPC.
- Inpatient opportunities at nearby Rancho Los Amigos National Rehabilitation Center, with the Family Medicine Resident Team.
MLK OPC patients have in-network access to all DHS medical centers for additional specialty, surgical, inpatient, and emergency care services. In addition to clinical care, MLK OPC maintains a focus on continuous quality improvement, social determinants of health, community partnerships, and health equity.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Direct Patient Care:
- Perform all duties associated with direct primary care patient activities including: assessment and management of primacy care patient concerns, build rapport and communicate well with patients; order, review, and assess diagnostic test results; coordinate care with subspecialist colleagues; document patient encounters in electronic health record (EHR ORCHID); and manage EHR inbox messages in a timely manner.
- Be part of a multi-disciplinary team that includes health educators, community health workers, and behavioral health professionals to address social and behavioral determinants of health (SBDOH).
- Complete expected diagnostic screening assessments for common chronic diseases including hypertension, heart disease, diabetes, cervical and breast cancer, osteoporosis, and prostate cancer.
- Provide evaluation and treatment for urgent conditions as they arise, including viral infections, minor injuries, joint complaints, rashes, gastrointestinal complaints.
- Provide routine treatment for the most basic behavioral health conditions including depression, anxiety, and grief.
- Develop individualized treatment plans for patients with standard chronic conditions.
- Champion QI project or other initiative at the discretion of the Primary Care Director.
- Supervisory Patient Care (if applicable):
- Supervise and train house staff, medical students, NP, or PA students.
- Oversees all clinical care rendered by reviewing individual patient cases, repeating key exam components, signing off on all documentation.
- Offers assessment of individual resident and student record of achievement as needed.
· Completion of a residency and have Board eligibility approved by an American Specialty Board in one or more designated specialties* or equivalent training**.
· California State Physician and Surgeon’s Certificate authorized by the Board of Medical Examiners of the State of California
The Primary Care Physician Specialist reports to the Primary Care Director at MLK OPC.
MLK OPC is located at 1670 E. 120th street LA, CA 90059. The center is located in the unincorporated city of Willowbrook. It is also home to the Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science. The population of the area is estimated at 35,983 residents. It has a major Metro Rail Station, which serves many bus routes by LA Metro. The area has many parks, including Enterprise County Park and Athens Park.
For more information, please contact Dr. Khanh Trinh, Primary Care Director at Ktrinh@dhs.lacouty.gov.
Interested candidates must start by submitting a cover letter and resume below.
Note: After submitted, further application instruction will be sent to you to initiate the application process of the Department of Health Services (DHS), County of Los Angeles for DHS Physician Specialist
|Job Category||Family Medicine, Internal Medicine|