Adult Primary Care-FM or IM (ELA)
Adult Primary Care-FM or IM
East Los Angeles Health Center Group
Interested in being a part of a mission driven organization that takes pride in serving vulnerable communities and prioritizes equity, diversity, and inclusion? The East Los Angeles Health Center Group (ELAHCG) has openings for full-time adult primary care physician (Family Medicine or Internal Medicine). Located in the heart of SPA 7 in East Los Angeles and is part of Department of Health Services (DHS) Ambulatory Care Network (ACN), our patients are mostly Latino/a/x, many with Spanish as their preferred language. Ideal candidates are committed to serving the community in which we are located. This facility is a multispecialty outpatient center, serving more than 100,000 patient visits per year, and providing extended hours, including weekends.
Our patient-centered medical home model approach integrates interprofessional continuous improvement teams, co-located social work and behavioral health services to optimize healthcare delivery. A few additional highlights include:
- Our state-of-the-art facilities include an urgent care, full-service pharmacy, MAT clinic services, Women’s clinic, full-service laboratory and radiology.
- Our primary care clinics are National Center for Quality Assurance (NCQA) certified.
- Loan repayment opportunities are available.
- In the heart of East LA, we are centrally located by a Metro rail stop as well as freeway accessible.
ELAHCG patients have in-network access to all DHS medical centers for additional specialty, surgical, inpatient, and emergency care services. In addition to clinical care, ELAHCG maintains a focus on continuous quality improvement, social determinants of health, community partnerships, and health equity.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Direct Patient Care:
- Perform all duties associated with direct primary care patient activities including: assessment and management of primacy care patient concerns, build rapport and communicate well with patients; order, review, and assess diagnostic test results; coordinate care with subspecialist colleagues; document patient encounters in electronic health record (EHR); and manage EHR inbox messages in a timely manner.
- Provision of episodic care in the Urgent Care Clinic.
- Be part of a multi-disciplinary team that includes health educators, community health workers, and behavioral health professionals to address social and behavioral determinants of health (SBDOH).
- Complete expected diagnostic screening assessments for common chronic diseases including hypertension, heart disease, diabetes, cervical and breast cancer, osteoporosis, and prostate cancer.
- Provide evaluation and treatment for urgent conditions as they arise, including viral infections, minor injuries, joint complaints, rashes, gastrointestinal complaints.
- Provide routine treatment for the most basic behavioral health conditions including depression, anxiety, and grief.
- Develop individualized treatment plans for patients with standard chronic conditions.
- Champion QI project or other initiative at the discretion of the Primary Care Director.
- Supervisory Patient Care (if applicable):
- Oversees all clinical care rendered by reviewing individual patient cases, repeating key exam components, signing off on all documentation.
Completion of a residency and have Board eligibility approved by an American Specialty Board in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, or equivalent training**.
California State Physician and Surgeon’s Certificate authorized by the Board of Medical Examiners of the State of California
The Primary Care Physician Specialist reports to the Primary Care Director at East Los Angeles Health Center Group.
East Los Angeles Health Center Group has one main facility and two satellite primary care homes. The main facility is the Edward R. Roybal Comprehensive Health Center located at 245 S Fetterly Ave, LA, CA 90022 and has primary care for adult and pediatrics. This location is in the East LA Civic center which has a park and lake. Public transportation is served by the Gold Metro line. The two satellite clinics are Northeast Health Center located in Lincoln Heights at 3303 N Broadway, LA, CA 90031 and East LA Health Center in East Los Angeles at 133 N Sunol Drive, LA, CA 90063.
For more information, please contact Dr. Theodore Shu, Primary Care Director at Tshu@dhs.lacouty.gov.
Interested candidates must start by submitting a cover letter and resume below AND copy Dr. Theodore Shu
Note: After submitted, further application instruction will be sent to you to initiate the application process of the Department of Health Services (DHS), County of Los Angeles for DHS Physician Specialist
|Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Primary Care