Quality Fellow – QI, Health Care Leadership
For complete instructions on fellowship information and how to apply, please download the Complete Application Package.
What is the LAC+USC Quality Fellowship?
The LAC+USC Quality Fellowship is a 1 year, non ACGME certified program sponsored by LAC+USC Medical Center to develop the next generation of clinical quality leaders. The Quality Fellowship is a unique academic experience for physicians interested in pursuing careers in quality improvement and health care leadership. Fellows will learn how to use a wide variety of tools and strategies to advance quality and patient safety from a faculty of quality improvement leaders.
LAC+USC Medical Center is a 600 bed hospital that includes a Level-One trauma center and serves over 10 million residents. It is a county affiliated teaching hospital that is in affiliation with the University of Southern California (USC) Medical School in 1885 and has over 900 physicians in their Graduate Medical Education program.
The hospital is in the Boyle Heights neighborhood of Los Angeles. It has over 100,000 residents and has a majority Latino population. It is located east of the Los Angeles River and its neighboring communities include Lincoln Heights, Chinatown, Commerce and Downtown Los Angeles.
What are the requirements for the Prospective Fellows?
• Demonstrate an interest in health care quality and patient safety
• Commit to participating in all activities throughout the 12-month program, including leading and completing a Capstone Quality Improvement Initiative
• Submit three letters of recommendation from a supervisor (Program Director) one from a faculty member or colleague with knowledge of the applicant’s ability and motivation to pursue this program, and one from a non-physician individual who can speak to your ability to work in and across trans-disciplinary teams.
• Have completed or be on track to graduate an ACGME-accredited residency program prior to the start of fellowship (July 1, 2023)
• Have current California medical and DEA licenses, or have an active California medical license by the start of fellowships
• Submit an up to date Curriculum Vitae (CV)
How to Apply:
Complete the application on the package attached. All materials must be received by: January 15, 2023
For general questions about the Fellowship:
Chase Coffey, MD, MS
Chief Quality Officer
Assoc. Chief Medical Officer
2051 Marengo St. C2K 115
Los Angeles, CA 90033
Allie Luu, MD, MS
Patient Safety Officer
2051 Marengo St. C2K114
Los Angeles, CA 90033
|Job Category||Quality Improvement|