Psychiatrist-In Patient, Part Time 15-20 Hours Per Week
We are looking for a psychiatrist to join us at Olive View – UCLA Medical Center’s 32-bed behavioral health unit. This inpatient psychiatry opportunity is ideal for a BC/BE Adult Psychiatrist interested in working in an academic, multi-disciplinary setting with ample opportunities for teaching. He/she will be eligible for an academic position in UCLA’s David Geffen School of Medicine’s Department of Psychiatry & Biobehavioral Sciences.
The psychiatrist will supervise and guide the work of the behavioral health team which includes clinical social workers, medical case workers, recreation therapists, substance abuse counselors and medical students. The position is part-time, averaging about 15-20 hours per week with the option to work additional hours.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform psychiatric evaluations and formulate a comprehensive treatment plans
- Oversee a psychiatric care team that includes psychiatric social workers, medical case workers, nurses, recreation therapists and medical students
- Provide psychiatric care to 9-12 patients and monitor their daily progress
- Document assessments and plans in the medical record
- Screen for health-related concerns and obtain consultations from medicine, surgery and obstetric services as needed
- Review results of laboratory tests and other diagnostic studies
- Participate in the training of medical students
- Collaborate with substance abuse counselors
- Participate in weekly multidisciplinary case conference
- Provide expert witness testimony in court hearings
- Optional attendance at departmental grand rounds and clinical case conference presentations
- Experience in assessing and managing patients with severe and persistent mental illness
Olive View – UCLA Medical Center is located in Sylmar, a neighborhood in the city of Los Angeles in the San Fernando Valley region of Los Angeles County.