Physician Specialist, Surgery-General (HDRHC)
Physician Specialist, Surgery-General @ HDRHC (Ambulatory Care Network)
Monthly Salary Range: $28,919.42 – $38,770.34
*Does not include 10% bonus for High Desert assignment or
5.5% bonus for board certification (if applicable)
High Desert Regional Health Center (HDRHC) is seeking to fill a full-time permanent General Surgery position within HDHRC Specialty Care Services, providing outstanding outpatient general surgery clinical care for our patients and collaborating with advanced practice providers working in general surgery. Opportunities to partner with other Health Services facilities to build and sustain new surgical programs may be available.
HDRHC is located in the city of Lancaster, CA, which is a part of the Antelope Valley. The population, as of 2021, is approximately 170,000 residents. Neighboring cities include Palmdale and Santa Clarita. HDRHC is the flagship facility of a group of 5 clinics, the High Desert Health Center Group, run by the Los Angeles County Health Services Ambulatory Care Network. HDRHC comprises an outpatient clinic and ambulatory surgical center associated with the Los Angeles County Health Services Ambulatory Care Network and is responsible for approximately 45,000 empaneled lives. Key on-site services include primary care, specialty care, therapy, infusion clinic, and urgent care facilities, as well as a modern 3-room ambulatory surgical center.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Provides the highest quality of surgical care, including ambulatory care and operative services at the HDRHC ambulatory surgical center (ASC).
- Collaborates with other services across the facility to provide multidisciplinary approach to patient care as needed.
- Serves on facility and/or Department of Health Services (DHS) administrative committees as surgery representative, as needed.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and partners, including other ambulatory services, quality and risk management, nursing, and social work, to optimize the general surgery patient’s experience.
- Participate in ongoing quality improvement efforts, including cycle time optimization, assessing facility- and DHS-level metrics of care, and reducing complication rates.
- Participate in training, mentoring, and working with advanced practice providers supporting general surgery services.
- Reviews General Surgery eConsults, as needed.
- Opportunity to develop further surgical clinical programs and collaborate with academic institutions to initiate ACGME-sponsored general surgery residency rotations.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Medicine or Osteopathy.
- Completed an ACGME-accredited General Surgery residency program.
- Certified, in the process of, or eligible for certification by the American Board of Surgery (ABS).
- Experience and excellence in general surgery, including laparoscopic cholecystectomy, hernia repair, skin and soft tissue excisions, central line placement and removal, and basic anorectal procedures (e.g., hemorrhoidectomy).
- Experience working in a government or non-profit environment serving a diverse, medically underserved population.
- Experience in minimally invasive and/or colorectal surgery (fellowship training not required).
- Experience in chronic wound care (fellowship training not required).
- Experience working in an ambulatory surgical center (ASC).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative, forward-looking thinker.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
JOB APPOINTMENT OPTIONS:
- To be considered as a new hire, candidates must be reachable on the DHS certification list. Separate application here.
- To be considered as a lateral transfer, candidate must be a current, permanent employee who holds the payroll title of Physician Specialist, Surgery-General.
Interested candidates must submit a letter of interest and curriculum vitae below & copy:
Erika Hernandez, Medical Administration
335 East Avenue I
Lancaster, CA 93535
Phone (661) 471-4220
Resumes will be accepted until the needs of the department are met.
**THIS IS NOT A BULLETIN FOR A CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION**