Pediatrician Physician Specialist: Primary Care
High Desert Regional Health Center Pediatric Clinic
The Los Angeles County Department of Health Services (DHS) and the Ambulatory Care Network (ACN) are currently recruiting dedicated physicians to provide preventative and acute medical care for pediatric patients in the Antelope Valley. The ideal candidate will provide high-quality, comprehensive care to pediatric patients at High Desert Regional Health Center and/or South Valley Health Center. The candidate will report directly to the General Pediatrics Director at High Desert Regional Health Center. Duties and benefits are as outlined below and subject to successful completion of the DHS hiring process, which includes credentialing through the ACN.
Patient Care (80%)
- Provide high-quality, comprehensive care to pediatric patients (ages 0-21) at High Desert Regional Health Center and/or South Valley Health Center
- Provide Initial Health Assessments for children newly empaneled to the HDRHC Facility
- Provide interval health evaluations for children and adolescents
- Provide urgent care visits for children with mild illnesses
- Provide consultation for Nurse Practitioners on general pediatric questions
- Provide consultation to Urgent Care providers regarding pediatric-specific patient care
- Participate in case conferences, peer review, continuing education in pediatrics
Case Management and Administration (20%)
- Work closely with nursing team to coordinate care, maintain continuity, and advocate for patients
- Call patients to provide follow up on referrals, lab results, etc.
- Work with clinic team to address authorizations for treatment, approval of prescriptions, etc.
- Maintain timely documentation of all patient care activities
- 4-day work week
- Shifts will be 8:00am-4:30pm or 8:00am-8:30pm
- 40 hours per week
- Patient care – 36 hours on-site clinical care and required clinical operations activities each week
- Administrative Time – 4 hours administrative time each week
- should be available by phone or in-person during this time
- CME, clinic meetings, and other required trainings may replace clinical care time at the discretion of supervisor
- Any standby and after-hours work will be compensated at County rates
- Flexible clinic schedules and telework options available
- D4 salary scale, step 1
- Bonus for attaining and maintaining Board Certification in Pediatrics of 5.5% of base salary per year
- Distance bonus for work in high-need area of 10% of salary per year
- Health coverage and retirement benefits through LA County
- Access to remote and in-person educational activities with CME credit at Olive View-UCLA Medical Center
- Potential for faculty appointment at UCLA if supporting trainee education
- CME allowance: 10 days/year
- Vacation allowance: 10 days/year after initial period of service
- Completion of a residency approved by an American Specialty Board in one or more designated specialties* or equivalent training**. Prefer physicians residency trained in pediatrics or internal medicine / pediatrics.
- California State Physician and Surgeon’s Certificate authorized by the Board of Medical Examiners of the State of California.
High Desert Regional Health Center (HDRHC) is located in Lancaster, California. It is a new facility that serves the Antelope Valley community, which includes the cities of Palmdale and Lancaster. Antelope Valley is the most populous area of the High Desert region and Lancaster is the largest city in High Desert. Lancaster has over 600 aces of planned parkland, which includes parks, picnic areas, and sports facilities.