Ophthalmologist Physician Specialist
Ophthalmologist Physician Specialist
Ambulatory Care Network Eye Care Lead
Position Reports to ACN Associate Chief Medical Officer
- Provides direct diagnostic and therapeutic clinical care to patients in Ophthalmology, which may include outpatient visits, procedures, and surgeries as indicated. May provide clinical services at one or more ACN facilities depending on the specific needs of the system.
- Completes all necessary patient-care related activities such as communication with patients and/or ancillary staff to achieve treatment goals.
- Engages in necessary oral, written, and electronic communication and completes required patient care EHR documentation/forms per DHS and ACN policies.
- Coordinates care transitions between ACN and DHS Eye Clinics, manages urgent care referrals from ACN and DHS facilities as needed.
- Reviews all assigned Eye e-consult cases, responds to requesting providers in a timely manner and in accordance with DHS Expected Practices.
- Provides clinical advice and support for ACN Eye Care and Primary Care providers. Models outstanding clinical and team-based care to all ACN employees.
- Performs other patient care related duties as assigned by the supervisor, which are in compliance with DHS and ACN policies and procedures.
- Works directly with DHS Director of Eye Care, ACN and facility leadership to provide oversight and recommendations for ACN specialty patient access, clinical care delivery, operations, and quality initiatives.
- Works directly with DHS Director of Eye Care, ACN and facility leadership to develop, evaluate, and revise ACN or DHS Eye Care policies and procedures.
- Performs periodic comprehensive need assessments in Ophthalmology/Optometry and addresses each need as indicated in partnership with ACN and DHS leadership/Director of Eye Care.
- Develops Eye Care data dashboards in collaboration with CMIO and informatics team. Implements a data informed approach to guide clinical and quality operations.
- Develops a utilization management framework to assess appropriate ocular clinical care delivery across ACN. Performs comprehensive clinical quality audits as indicated. Uses robust constructive feedback to provide useful information to specialty providers. Partners with select providers and supervisors to guide performance improvement as necessary.
- Provides guidance and develops processes around practice transformation initiatives, such as virtual healthcare, preventative care, outcomes-based principles, health equity interventions, etc…
- Provides provider, nursing and ancillary staff education and training as necessary to support clinical operations.
- Actively participates in assigned DHS or ACN committees/workgroups as necessary.
- Effectively represents the unique interests and perspective of the ACN at DHS committees/workgroups. Reports relevant activities and updates to ACN and facility leadership.
- Chairs the relevant ACN Specialty Quality Board committee. Develops QI best practices in collaboration with the committee members. Reports to and takes direction from the ACN Quality Board committee.
- Chairs other ACN Specialty committees as directed by ACN leadership.
Mid-Valley Comprehensive Health Center is located in San Fernando Valley and provides high quality, compassionate care to the residents of San Fernando and Santa Clarita Valleys. It delivers outpatient, primary, Urgent, and specialty care services.Mid-Valley Comprehensive Health Center is located in the city of Van Nuys. Van Nuys is located in central San Fernando Valley. Van Nuys is home to Van Nuys Airport. The City has an estimated population of 136,443 residents. It has several parks, including a large park area behind Sepulveda Dam.
High Desert Regional Health Center (HDRHC) is located in Lancaster, California. It is a new facility that serves the Antelope Valley community, which includes the cities of Palmdale and Lancaster. Antelope Valley is the most populous area of the High Desert region and Lancaster is the largest city in High Desert. Lancaster has over 600 aces of planned parkland, which includes parks, picnic areas, and sports facilities.