Mobile Clinic Medical Provider
This position will be responsible for providing primary and specialty care (Medication Assisted Treatment, Women’s Health, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Urgent Care) to homeless individuals with complex medical health, mental health and substance use disorders.
- The physician specialist will provide direct care to patient experiencing homelessness in the unsheltered settings. Direct patient care will be provided in a mobile clinic, encampments and on the streets.
- The physician specialists will work with the nurse care manager and the community health worker in providing a transition of care plan for referred homeless individuals from the emergency rooms, and those admitted in the inpatient setting.
- The physician specialists will collaborate with other providers/clinical staff in the ER and inpatient setting to provide a coordinated plan for those patients that will be discharged to the streets.
- The physician specialists will follow a panel of patients who are high risk with complex medical, substance use disorder and behavioral health issues.
- The physician specialists is expected to provide medication assisted treatment for those with opioid use disorder in collaboration with the substance abuse counselor.
- Expected practices include performing diagnostic and treatment procedures including but not limited to pap smears on the mobile clinic, incision and drainage of abscesses, paracentesis, and point of care ultrasounds.
- The physician specialists will collaborate with the mobile clinic behavioral health team including the mobile clinic psychiatrist, senior clinical social worker and community health worker to provide a coordinate behavioral health treatment plan for patients in need of such services.
- The physician specialists will collaborate and refer patients to the clinical pharmacists as needed for complex medication profiles as well as for medication adjustments per protocol.
- The physician will provide real time and schedule consultations to clinical staff from the multidisciplinary teams.
- The physician specialists will participate in team meetings, case conferences, and other meetings designed to improve coordinator in care.
- The Physician specialists will report to the Street Medicine Medical Director.
This position is not associated with a particular County Site, but is for the greater Los Angeles area.
|Job Category||Family Medicine, Internal Medicine|