MAT/Primary Care Relief Physician (Part Time)
This physician provides direct patient care at a weekly primary care clinic focusing on medication-assisted treatment of substance use disorders including opioids, alcohol, and tobacco. This physician will work with all team members including medical assistants, nursing, behavioral health, and provider colleagues as part of a patient-centered medical home model. The physician may also perform covering or back-up provider duties as needed/available for primary care providers at our clinics.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Performs all duties associated with direct patient care activities, including focused history and physical, ordering and review of diagnostic tests, medication management, and clinical assessments and plans.
- Screens for social and behavioral needs, health maintenance gaps
- Communicates patient care priorities, especially follow-up plans that involve Care Management or Behavioral Health Integration follow-up to team members
- Participates in interdisciplinary case conferences for complex cases as needed
- Refers patients to appropriate resources as needed
- Provides patient education
- Documents in the electronic health record
- Other duties as needed
- Direct patient care – 8-16 hours/week
- Prior experience prescribing MAT
- Experience/expertise in trauma-informed care and harm reduction principles
- Excellent teaching and communication skills with patients, non-clinical and clinical staff
- Board-eligible/board-certified in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine
San Fernando Valley Health Center Group includes Mid-Valley Comprehensive Health Center in Van Nuys, Glendale Health Center, San Fernando Health Center, and West Valley Health Center in Chatsworth. These clinics are part of the Los Angeles County Department of Health Services’ Ambulatory Care Network, providing primary care to 60,000+ empaneled patients. Most patients have managed care Medi-Cal, some are uninsured as part of our safety net mission. Spanish and English are the most commonly spoken languages by patients, followed by Russian and Armenian.
Mid-Valley Comprehensive Health Center is located in the city of Van Nuys. Van Nuys is located in central San Fernando Valley. Van Nuys is home to Van Nuys Airport. The City has an estimated population of 136,443 residents. It has several parks, including a large park area behind Sepulveda Dam.
|Job Category||Addiction Medicine, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine|