Head & Neck / ENT Surgeon (OVMC)
Olive View-UCLA Medical Center (OVMC), a 337-bed public teaching hospital affiliated with the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, is seeking a Head and Neck / Ear Nose & Throat surgeon to join our clinical practice, which is a major training site for the UCLA Head & Neck Surgery Program. Responsibilities to include provision of Head & Neck services in the ambulatory, inpatient, and surgical settings, supervision of surgical trainees, teaching of medical students, as well as the delivery of direct patient-care services. Individual will receive a Health Sciences academic appointment in the UCLA Department of Surgery and will be required to contribute to the academic mission (research, education, and/or develop clinical programs) to advance academically per UCLA policies and processes.
• Dedicated to providing the highest quality of surgical care, including ambulatory care, operative services, and inpatient care.
• Perform Head & Neck / ENT surgery call for the hospital
• Collaborate with other services across the hospital to provide multidisciplinary approach for patients as needed.
• Provide operative care at nearby ambulatory surgery centers (ASC) for our patients.
• Serve on hospital-wide administrative committees as representative for department of surgery or division of Head & Neck surgery.
• Collaborate with key stakeholders and partners, including other ambulatory and inpatient services, quality management, utilization management, nursing, and social work to optimize the Head & Neck surgery patient’s experience.
• Participate in ongoing quality improvement efforts including assessing metrics of care.
• Participate in training the Head & Neck surgery residents, including weekly teaching sessions, inpatient rounds, and educational conferences. Support a positive and high-quality service-learning experience for trainees.
• Opportunity to build or develop further surgical clinical programs.
• Meet criteria for the academic promotion (aligned with designated academic series)
• Graduate of an accredited School of Medicine or Osteopathy.
• Completed an ACGME-accredited Head & Neck Surgery residency program.
• Certified, in the process of, or eligible for certification by the American Board of Surgery (ABS).
• Experience and excellence in Head & Neck surgery and can provide acute care surgery.
• Experience in research and commitment to scholarship.
• Experience working in government or non-profit environment serving a diverse, medically-underserved population.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Creative, forward-looking thinker.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative/team-oriented environment.
OVMC is located in the city of Sylmar, which is a part of the San Fernando Valley. The population, as of 2009, is approximately 90,000 residents. The city’s neighboring cities are San Fernando and Santa Clarita. The Olive View hospital has been part of the neighborhood since 1920, when it initially served as a tuberculosis (TB) sanatorium.
JOB APPOINTMENT OPTIONS:
• To be considered as a lateral transfer, candidate must be a current, permanent employee who holds the payroll title of Physician Specialist-Surgery.
• To be considered as a new hire, candidates must be reachable on the DHS certification list. Formally apply for Exam Number Y5476E here (emphasis on Head and Neck specialty). In addition,
Submit a letter of interest and curriculum vitae below, with a copy to:
Mary Shafer Moya
14445 Olive View Drive, Room 6D124
Sylmar, California 91342
Phone (747) 210-3035
THIS SITE IS NOT A CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION SITE
|Job Category||Head & Neck / ENT, Surgery|