Full-Time Adult Primary Care Physician — FM or IM
Hubert H. Humphrey Comprehensive Health Center (HHCHC) has one opening for a full-time adult primary care physician (Family Medicine or Internal Medicine).
HHCHC was founded in April 26, 1976 and named in honor of Hubert H. Humphrey, who served as Vice Presidents of the United States under President Lyndon B. The facility is one of six comprehensive health centers operated by Los Angeles County. Humphrey is an outpatient health center located in South Los Angeles and is part of DHS’ Ambulatory Care Network. Our patients are mostly African-American and Latino/a/x, many with Spanish as a preferred language.
We provide primary care in a patient-centered medical home model, and we offer specialty care services including women’s health, dermatology, physical therapy, optometry, ophthalmology, endocrinology, medication-assisted therapy for substance use, and HIV care. Humphrey’s primary and specialty care clinics are open Monday through Friday 8am-4:30pm, offering both in person and telehealth services. Humphrey also has an urgent care clinic that is open 7 days per week, as well as on-site phlebotomy, radiology services, and an outpatient pharmacy.
Patients have in-network access to DHS medical centers for additional specialty, surgical, inpatient, and emergency care services. In addition to clinical care, Humphrey maintains a focus on continuous quality improvement, social determinants of health, community partnerships, and health equity.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs medical work in a specialized medical field, including specialized surgical procedures within a specialty field.
- Prescribes drugs and/or therapy; monitors patients’ progress, records observations and changes, and adjusts treatments as required.
- Conducts training or assists in the training of interns and resident physicians.
- Consults with staff physicians and para-medical personnel regarding care of patients and medical and diagnostic work performed.
- Provides consultation to other medical services, including specialists in other fields.
- Conducts the more difficult post mortem examinations and may provide training and lead man supervision over other physicians engaged in these activities.
- Confers with medical and professional personnel in such related fields as toxicology in order to discover the main and contributing causes of death.
- Certifies as to the cause of death and testifies in court as an expert witness.
- Performs or assists in carrying out administrative responsibilities which may include such duties as budget preparation for the section, determining equipment and supply needs, carrying out personnel functions, or developing revising work procedures to expedite work load or improve level of service.
- Assists in the planning and direction of health programs within the appropriate specialty.
- Develops new techniques within the medical specialty.
- Maintains varied hours on a rotated schedule with other physicians to ensure that there is always a physician on-call during non-business hours.
- May conduct specialized research, special studies, and services, including preventive and educational strategies.
- Completion of a residency approved by an American Specialty Board in one or more designated specialties* or equivalent training**.
- California State Physician and Surgeon’s Certificate authorized by the Board of Medical Examiners of the State of California
HHCHC is located at 5850 S. Main St. Los Angeles, CA 90003. Its parking lot is located on the south side of the center with entrances on Main St. and Woodlawn Ave.
For more information, contact Dr. Hrishikesh Belani, Associate Medical Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Interested candidates must also submit a cover letter and resume below.
|Job Category||Family Medicine, Internal Medicine|