Harbor-UCLA Colorectal Surgeon
Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, a David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA affiliate is seeking a full-time academic Colorectal Surgeon to join the faculty. The position will come with a UCLA academic appointment at the assistant, associate or full professor level, to be determined by qualifications and experience.
Harbor-UCLA Medical Center is a safety net hospital, a high-volume Level 1 trauma center, and an academic teaching hospital, affiliated with the UCLA School of Medicine. The medical center is part of the Department of Health Services at Los Angeles County, and is a major public teaching hospital that treat many underserved patients. The Department of Surgery at Harbor-UCLA has 13 divisions, including Colorectal surgery. The hospital supports its own independent general surgery residency training program. It is a major teaching site for UCLA medical students. The hospital has recently modernized operating rooms, completed in 2014, that are equipped with the full spectrum of state-of-the-art equipment, including robotic surgery. Thus there are ample opportunities for clinical innovation, resident education, multidisciplinary collaboration and clinical research. The hospital is also affiliated with the Lundquist Institute, a major independent research center.
Harbor-UCLA Medical Center and the University of California are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
- Must have a Doctor of Medicine degree and completed an ACGME accredited General Surgery residency program as well as a Colorectal Surgery fellowship and must be certified, in the process of, or eligible for certification by the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Colon and Rectal Surgery.
- Successful candidates must have experience and expertise in the full spectrum of colorectal surgery diseases, as well as general surgery diseases.
- The candidate must be interested in resident education and have a strong interest in research.
- Excellent communication skills and interest in working in a collaborative / team-oriented environment are a must.
- Candidates must have, or be eligible for, a California medical license.
Harbor-UCLA Medical Center is located in the city of Torrance, a city in the Southwestern (South Bay) region of LA County. Its neighboring cities are Lomita, Redondo Beach, Rolling Hills, and Palos Verdes. The city has over 30 city parks and includes a total of 1.5 miles of beaches on the Pacific Ocean. It has an estimated population of over 145,000 residents.