Chief of Rheumatology
Los Angeles General Medical Center is the cornerstone of the safety net for the largest county in the United States. As one of the largest public hospitals in the US, we are the busiest Level 1 trauma center, and one of only 3 Burn units, in Los Angeles County. We are home to one of the largest GME training centers in the US, with >950 residents and fellows, representing nearly 1% of all post graduate trainees in the US. We also serve as the primary teaching hospital for the University of Southern California, Keck School of Medicine. Our mission is to provide fully integrated, accessible, affordable, and culturally sensitive care, one person at a time.
We are seeking a board-certified rheumatologist who is a physician leader and educator to join our dedicated and talented team as Chief of Rheumatology. The position will be county employed, and hence has an excellent benefits package. Since Los Angeles General Medical Center is in east Los Angeles, we are seeking applicants who are committed to serving our wonderfully diverse community here in Los Angeles County. In addition, Los Angeles General Medical Center is at the cutting edge of innovation in the safety net; indeed, we have won awards for care innovations in primary care, in home care delivery, and for our pandemic response. As such, we are seeking a creative, disruptive thinker who can use modern management methods to transform Rheumatology care delivery.
The Chief of Rheumatology will have clinical duties that are aligned with their area of specialty. The administrative responsibilities for this role include:
- Management of staffing and care delivery of the service which includes an inpatient consult service and ambulatory clinics. We serve a large population of patients with SLE, rheumatoid arthritis and other connective tissue disorders.
- Supporting an optimal learning environment for our trainees by ensuring adequate supervision by faculty of residents and fellows. Los Angeles General Medical Center has a large Internal Medicine training program. We also have a Rheumatology Fellowship training program.
- Oversight of strategic planning, resource allocation and implementation of quality improvement initiatives for the Rheumatology service
- Partnering with hospital staff to accomplish regulatory compliance and the safest and highest quality care
- Provision of bi-directional communication and alignment with DHS
Please attach your cover letter and CV below:
Rachel Baden, MD
Chief of Medicine, Los Angeles General Medical Center