Chief of Nephrology
LAC+USC Medical Center is the cornerstone of the safety net for the largest county in the United States. As one of the largest public hospitals in the US, we are the busiest Level 1 trauma center, and one of only 3 Burn units, in Los Angeles County. We are home to one of the largest GME training centers in the US, with >950 residents and fellows, representing nearly 1% of all post graduate trainees in the US. We also serve as the primary teaching hospital for the University of Southern California, Keck School of Medicine. Our mission is to provide fully integrated, accessible, affordable and culturally sensitive care, one person at a time.
We are seeking a board-certified nephrologist who is a physician leader and educator to join our dedicated and talented team as Chief of Nephrology. The position will be county employed, and hence has an excellent benefits package, including a defined-benefit pension plan, in addition to a 401k plan. Since LAC+USC Medical Center is located in east Los Angeles, we are seeking applicants who are committed to serving our wonderfully diverse community here is Los Angeles county. In addition, LAC+USC is at the cutting edge of innovation in the safety net; indeed, we have won awards for care innovations in primary care, in home care delivery, and for our pandemic response. As such, we are seeking an innovative, disruptive thinker who can use modern management methods to transform Nephrology care delivery.
The Chief of Nephrology will have clinical duties that involve providing both inpatient consultation and outpatient evaluation for patients with renal disease. The administrative responsibilities for this role include:
• Management of staffing and care delivery of the service which includes a high-volume inpatient service, dialysis services, as well as ambulatory clinics. All physician services for Nephrology are currently provided by USC faculty.
• Supporting an optimal learning environment for our trainees by ensuring adequate supervision by faculty of residents and fellows
• Oversight of strategic planning, resource allocation and implementation of quality improvement initiatives for the Nephrology service
• Provision of bi-directional communication and alignment with DHS hospital leadership
• Partnering with hospital staff to accomplish regulatory compliance and the safest and highest quality care
Interested applicants should send their CV and a cover letter to: Rachel Baden, MD Chief of Medicine, LAC+USC email@example.com