Associate Medical Director – SGVHCG
Associate Medical Director (Senior Physician)
LOCATION: San Gabriel Valley Health Center Group (SGVHCG).
The Associate Medical Director will supervise the Urgent Care, Pediatrics Primary Care, Women’s Services, and Specialty Care Clinics for SGVHCG. This position works collaboratively with a multidisciplinary leadership team to oversee the remainder of the clinical services. The Associate Medical Director will report directly to the Medical Director and will supervise the physicians and nurse practitioners in the Urgent Care, Pediatrics, Specialty, and Women’s Health clinics.
This position is 50% Administrative and 50% Clinical direct patient care.
Administrative responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Continuous improvement of clinic operations, including patient access, panel management, workflow standardization, and team-based care
- Work collaboratively with nursing, behavioral health, patient access, facilities, quality and other ambulatory services to optimize care
- Participate in, and/or lead, meetings including PCMH meetings, Quality Improvement meetings, Behavioral Health Integration case conferences, and others as needed
- Workgroup participation and leadership opportunities in ACN and DHS initiatives
- Staff development
- Meet all qualifications to be a DHS Senior Physician
- Board Certified in Family or Internal Medicine
- Prior leadership experience
- Prior experience in quality improvement
- Prior experience with supervising MDs and NPs
- Prior experience with behavioral health integration, medication assisted therapy, and/or Drug Medi-Cal practices
- Experience working with interdisciplinary teams
- Excellent communication skills
The San Gabriel Valley Health Center Group includes El Monte Comprehensive Health Center (EMCHC) and La Puente Health Center (LPHC), and is part of DHS’ Ambulatory Care Network. Together, SGVHCG provides care for a total empanelment of approximately 52,000 patients. The City of El Monte is in the San Gabriel Valley and is about 12 miles east of Downtown Los Angeles. The city has an estimated population of 120,000 residents. El Monte was founded in 1850 and is near the intersection of Interstate Freeways 10 and 605. EMCHC is walking distance from major public transportation, including a MetroLink train station.
Interested candidates must currently hold a permanent County of Los Angeles payroll title of Senior Physician to be considered for a lateral transfer, or be reachable on a DHS Senior Physician certification list to be considered for a promotion or as a new hire. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
All interested candidates must submit their CV and a letter of interest below and send a copy to:
Alex Medrano, firstname.lastname@example.org, (626)434-2804
For more information, please visit:
http://SENIOR PHYSICIAN (VARIOUS SPECIALTIES) | Job Details tab | Career Pages (governmentjobs.com)
|Job Category||Family Medicine, Internal Medicine|