Associate Medical Director, San Fernando Valley Health Center-Senior Physician
Position Description: The Associate Medical Director at SFVHCG will oversee clinical operations for 3 family medicine patient-centered medical homes (PCMHs) and 2 women’s health clinics. This position works collaboratively with a second Associate Medical Director overseeing the remainder of the PCMHs and specialty care, and is part of the executive leadership team, working closely with the Medical Director, Nursing Director, Assistant Administrator. The Associate Medical Director will report directly to the Medical Director and will supervise the physicians and nurse practitioners in the family medicine PCMHs and women’s health clinics.
This position is 50% Administrative and 50% Clinical direct patient care. As one of the Family Medicine PCMHs is a teaching clinic for the UCLA Family Medicine residency, there is an opportunity for a portion of the clinical time to be as a supervising attending rather than direct patient care.
Administrative responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Continuous improvement of clinic operations, including patient access, panel management, workflow standardization, and team-based care
- Work collaboratively with nursing, behavioral health, patient access, facilities, quality and other ambulatory services to optimize care
- Participate in, and/or lead, meetings including PCMH meetings, Population Health and Quality Improvement meetings, Behavioral Health Integration case conferences, and others as needed
- Workgroup participation and leadership opportunities in ACN and DHS initiatives
- Staff development
Facility Summary: The San Fernando Valley Health Center Group includes Mid-Valley Comprehensive Health Center, Glendale Health Center, San Fernando Health Center, and West Valley Health Center, and is part of DHS’ Ambulatory Care Network. San Fernando Health Center provides adult and pediatric primary care, women’s health, and pharmacy services. Glendale and West Valley Health Centers focus on adult primary care. Mid-Valley CHC is our largest clinic, providing primary care, specialty care, pharmacy, radiology, and urgent care services. Together, SFVHCG provides care for a total empanelment of around 70,000 patients.
- Meet all qualifications to be a DHS Senior Physician
- Board Certified in Family Medicine
- Prior leadership experience
- Prior experience in quality improvement
- Prior experience with supervising MDs and NPs
- Prior experience with behavioral health integration, medication assisted therapy, and/or Drug Medi-Cal practices
- Experience working with interdisciplinary teams, i.e. TeamSTEPPS, interprofessional training
- Excellent communication skills
Interested individuals should contact:
Jennifer Chen, MD
|Job Category||Family Medicine|