Adult Primary Care Physician Specialist
- Must speak Spanish
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs medical work in a specialized medical field, including specialized surgical procedures within a specialty field.
- Prescribes drugs and/or therapy; monitors patients’ progress, records observations and changes, and adjusts treatments as required.
- Conducts training or assists in the training of interns and resident physicians.
- Consults with staff physicians and para-medical personnel regarding care of patients and medical and diagnostic work performed.
- Provides consultation to other medical services, including specialists in other fields.
- Conducts the more difficult post mortem examinations and may provide training and lead man supervision over other physicians engaged in these activities.
- Confers with medical and professional personnel in such related fields as toxicology in order to discover the main and contributing causes of death.
- Certifies as to the cause of death and testifies in court as an expert witness.
- Performs or assists in carrying out administrative responsibilities which may include such duties as budget preparation for the section, determining equipment and supply needs, carrying out personnel functions, or developing revising work procedures to expedite work load or improve level of service.
- Assists in the planning and direction of health programs within the appropriate specialty.
- Develops new techniques within the medical specialty.
- Maintains varied hours on a rotated schedule with other physicians to ensure that there is always a physician on-call during non-business hours.
- May conduct specialized research, special studies, and services, including preventive and educational strategies.
- Completion of a residency approved by an American Specialty Board in one or more designated specialties* or equivalent training**.
- California State Physician and Surgeon’s Certificate authorized by the Board of Medical Examiners of the State of California.
The Northeast Health Center is part of the Health Services Ambulatory Care Network. It’s one of the facilities of the East Los Angeles Health Center Group. Services are delivered in a safe, patient-centered environment that is accessible to the entire community. This co-location extends access to medical services in the Lincoln Heights community with the commitment to excellence and to improve the health of those we serve. It’s one of the facilities of the East Los Angeles Health Center Group. The Northeast Health Center currently provides primary care services to adults 21 years and older.
Lincoln Heights is bounded by the Los Angeles River on the west and its neighboring communities include El Sereno, City Terrace, and Boyle Heights.
|Job Category||Family Medicine, Internal Medicine|